Product informationpresto Adhesive Steel is a solvent-free, two-component repair and gluing system on the basis of epoxy resin. The product fills, glues and seals various materials such as iron and NF metals.
Use as a filler, suitable for all metals, cast parts, wood, cement asbestos, ceramics and concrete. Widen cracks where possible to 2/3 of the wall thickness in a V-shape and then fill with the adhesive steel. Widen faulty borings or stripped threads out to double the original diameter and then fill with adhesive steel.
Adhesive steel bonds identical and non-identical materials firmly and durable together, even those that cannot normally, or only with difficulty, be bonded or welded together, such as steel, aluminium, lead, wood, iron and cement asbestos.
For damaged pipes or discharge pipes, in combination with suitable materials to cover the damage. Simply apply the adhesive steel to the material and treat as a bandage. Hardened layers over 5 mm thick can be handled like metals: They can be drilled, milled, filed, turned and threaded.
For many applications in the private sector, in industry, metal and wood construction, in ship construction, garages and locksmith's shops.
- Bundle: 125g
Quality and properties
- Ease of working
- Fills, sticks, seals
- Very easy to form
- Extremely resilient after hardening
- Resistant to oil, fuel, lyes and the most organic solvents
Physical and chemical data
- Basis: solvent-free epoxy resin with metallic and mineral fillers
- Colour: grey metallic
- Form after mixing: like putty
- Potlife / Working time at bei 20°C: approx. 30 minutes
Drying time (at 20°C, 50% relative air humidity):
a 10 mm thick coat can be processed after approx. 2 hours drying
approx. 140°C (adhesive steel); for hardener not applicable
Density at 20°C:
steel compound 3,5 g/cm³
hardener 2,35 g/cm³
- Addition of hardener: Proportional, i.e. half of the tube contents to one tube of hardener. Both tubes are intended for single use only.
- Bending strength: 120 N/mm²
- Compression strength: 120 N/mm²
- Tensile strength: 60 N/mm²
- Ball hardness: 140 N/mm²
- Temperature resistance of the cured material: 180 °C
36 months if proper storage provided (=10°-25°C, relative air humidity of max. 60%) in the unopened original container. Protect from direct sunlight, frost and humidity.
Steel compound: 89 g plastic box
Hardener: 2 x 18 g tube
Environment and labelling
Environmentally sound: The products of MOTIP DUPLI are 100% free of heavy metals. The caps and packagings are made of recyclable material.
Disposal: Only the completely emptied cans should be put into the recycling skip or appropriate container for reclaimable refuse. Cans which are not empty should be disposed off as "special refuse".
Marking/Labelling: All products made by MOTIP DUPLI comply with the actual labelling regulations according to Preparation Guideline 1999/45/EG. All aerosols correspond to TRGS 200 and TRG 300 as well as to aerosol guideline 75/324/EWG in the actually valid version.
Before use, carefully read and observe the warning texts on the label!
- The application area must be clean, dry, and free of rust, paint and grease.
- Carefully combine presto Adhesive Steel with the hardening agent.
- The combined contents must be used within 30 minutes.
- Adhesive Steel is very malleable (moisten the tool you are using with water and detergent).
- Hardened layers from 5 mm can be treated like metal, e.g. by drilling, milling, rasping, shaping, tapping.
Advices for fillling:
- Carefully drill the ends of cracks, in order to avoid that the damages becomes bigger. Cracks should be enlarged to 2/3 of the wall thickness in v-shape, then fill with adhesive steel.
- Incorrect drilling: With a drill, enlarge the stripped screw thread or worn holes to twice their original size and fill with Adhesive Steel.. Create the new screw thread with the screw being used (with release agent applied).
Advices for gluing:
- Adhesive Steel is not a typical glue, as it containts fillers. Anyhow, it glues well, hardness and break strength are good. The adherence increases with the size of the adhering surfaces. Therefore contact spots should be roughened or furnished with grooves and notches.
- Bonds equal and unequal materials: e.g. steel, aluminium, lead, wood, iron, eternite etc.
Advices for sealing:
- Damaged pipes and pipeline are isolated and sealed using Adhesive Steel. Paint Adhesive Steel onto a piece of fabric and use as a bandage.
|Item weight:||0,16 kg|